• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can't seem To Get Entyvio Approved After 2 Infusions

I've had 2 doses of Entyvio which is my last hope and now I am having difficulty getting my new health insurance straightened out even though I paid it the beginning of this month but because I upgraded and it's a new year they didn't process it yet but yet I have insurance whereby they may have applied to my old plan because the second woman I talked to said it looks like I have two plans....doh!!!!I did get a health insurance card with the new co pay so very confusing. It's been 4 days and they are back logged so apparently I'm not the only one I guess. I'm supposed to get another infusion this week and the Pharmacy that provides Entyvio hasn't been too swift in getting in touch with my insurance even though a nice lady called from my insurance company they wouldn't accept her confirming it was ok to send the Entyvio to doctors office. I'm supposed to get it this week and it has to be shipped. Apparently the first three infusions are the most important to get right on time and now it's not looking so promising. Tomorrow is Martin Luther Kings Day so I think the insurance company may be closed and the pharmacy is opened which I will be calling again. I've been drinking Peptamen 1.5 for 4 months now and lost 20 lbs if not more.Can't tolerate food. I can't believe what's happening with healthcare!!! I started this last Monday and my infusion is this Wednesday and it's not looking promising. I don't know what to do anymore but call and get frustrated. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Unbelievable!!!! I have to work and can't and don't know how I'm going to deal. I'm so weak and tired.:sign0085:

fuzzy butterfly

Hi I am so sorry you are having such trouble. I am in the uk so I don't really know how things work. I just wanted to offer you my support. I am sure someone who knows will be along soon with some practical advice. Best wishes 💕have you checked out the entyvio thread