• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira to Entyvio

75 yrs old---want to change from Humira to Entyvio. What have been your experiences doing this. Is it recommended? Will I end up unable to take either?

my little penguin

Staff member
When you stop a biologic for any reason
The odds are your body will build antibodies and not be able to take the biologic at a later time
So if you stop humira and you may not be able to restart it later
Ds stopped humira for 6 weeks due to surgery
Tried to restart it and it did not work
He had to try something else
In his case he switched to Stelara which took 8 months to work

realize entyvio takes on average 8-12 months to start working if it’s going to work
So bridge therapy of steriods typically is needed until it kicks in

Thanks, actually I had to stop Humira after 4 months due to a cancer scare. It was restarted and ultimately I had to increase dosage to weekly to achieve effectivness. My concern has come since reading a couple studies showing that Entyvio is better tolerated in the elderly with less side effects. I don't want to find that for whatever reason I can't tolerate Entyvio and then be left hanging with little choices.