• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New & looking for input

Diagnosed with uc almost 3 years ago finally got the dx of crohns in Jan 2015. Have had issues with what seems constant flare state. Admitted several times in the past year. Relief during admissions, and while on oral pred. Until lately. Now new symptoms of eye (just one) irritation and fuzzy vision, and severe hip pain. Went to ER was told bursitis. But I feel like something else is going on. I just don't feel well at all. Still have diarrhea & nausea & abdominal pain. Feel like I'm being blown off. I don't have insurance and last admission was told I need remicade but I can't afford it. Please help

Welcome to our group. I am sorry that you have this disease. If you feel like you are being brushed off, can you seek another opinion?

I've tried that. It seems like no one wants to explore the chance of me actually having complications from this. The hip pain is getting worse and it doesn't seem that anyone is willing to connect it to my crohns. It's gotten so bad that I can't bear weight and have fallen because of it. I've pretty much begged for help. I'm frustrated and it's affecting daily life.

I am wondering if that could be arthritis since people with Crohn's can sometimes have arthritis. If so, maybe you should seek out a rheumatologist. I would keep pushing with your current doctor until you get some straight answers.

Lady Organic

Staff member
yes ideally you should be seen by a rhuematologist.

have you been on cheaper drugs i.e Purinethol/6-mp, Imuran/Aza or methotrexate?

Please take a look at IBD-AID in my signature, maybe diet could help you.

you have been to the ER, but do you have a gastro-enterologist?

I do have a GI. Who because I don't have insurance limits my choices of meds. I just feel like I'm stuck. I hardly eat at all, the fatigue wipes me out completely. I've always been very active and now walking down the stairs takes everything I have. I'm on 40mg of pred per day which is a high dose. I've applied with access one for help in getting remicade.

Call the drug companies, some might be able to help out.
I am on Remicade- I am also on their Remistart assistance but, I know you have to have regular Health Ins to qualify.

When my sister was younger my mom joined the Calif Farm Bureau and signed her up for their group health ins. Any chance you could try that? It was a group policy so the price was not outrageous.

Lauren