• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No absorption

Hey guys just a quick question iVe noticed since my surgery im not absorbing painkillers or any other tablet the same way the effects wear off very quickly has anyone experienced similar things

Last edited:
Malabsorption is totally possible if you have an ostomy,especially if you're on any delayed release meds. Let your pharmacist know and they should be able to give you a version of your meds that absorb higher up in the gi.

Everything clears my system faster now, including alcohol. I have changed my vitamins and other pills to gel-based so that the capsule breaks down and enters my system faster.

Hi all I have malabsorption and ended up on a special liquid predigested medical food. It's all liquid no solids. I'm a bit better but I have to crush meds or find a liquid version. Good luck. Oh and the name of the complete nutrition drink is peptamen. Feel better yaall