• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Remicade after Humira didn't work

Hey, everyone. I've got my first Remicade treatment tomorrow to try and get my Crohn's into remission. I was on Humira for a little more than two months prior to this, and it didn't seem to be doing anything at all. On top of that, since I was weaned off of my Prednisone, my symptoms seemed to just get worse.

Anyway, I was wondering realistically, what's the likelihood that the Remicade will work? My understanding is that Humira and Remicade are more or less the same thing, so naturally my hopes are not high.

I'm not familiar with Humira, so can't comment on similarities between that and Remicade.

I have heard nothing but positive feedback from people who have had Remicade, and it certainly seems to be working for me.

Don't feel bad though if after your first infusion you don't feel an immediate benefit, it can take a couple of goes for it to start working even though some say it works after one infusion.

Good luck. :)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
They are similar, but not exactly the same.
Humira worked very well for me at first, but only for 4 months. I have now been on Remicade for 2 years and I am in remission.
I hope it works for you!
MBH

Same here. Was on humira for a year and I kept flaring. Started on remicade and have been symptom free since.