• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stelara from IsraelPharm

I am an 80 year old woman who was diagnosed with Crohns in my early 70's. After going the usual route with steroids, mesalamine, busenidide, etc, my doctor put me on Stelara, as nothing seemed to work long term. Because I am on Medicare, my copay is $23,000 a year. I was wondering if anyone has ordered this drug from IsraelPharm, and if so, what their experience has been. The price differential is enormous. Because I do not qualify for assistance, I am forced to pay this ridiculous amount. Any suggestions?

Scipio

Look into a Medicare Advantage plan instead of Part D. In my area Kaiser offers a Medicare advantage plan that offers Stelara coverage at about half the rate of most of the Part D plans.

Scipio

Well, if you can financially hang on until 2025, the new law passed this year by congress and signed by Pres. Biden will take effect. It will limit the out-of-pocket drug costs for Medicare recipients to $2000/year.