• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What are you eating right now?

MsSickandTired said:
special brownies...
:eek2: oh ok they have fruit or something in them! :ylol2:

grilled tenderloin with mashed potatoes and green beans. I cut my own steaks out of a full tenderloin as I find it is cheaper and I get the perfect thickness I prefer.

Parsnip soup with potatoes, carrots and small cubed pieces of ham. Yummy.

Had meatloaf, scalloped potatoes and BAKED BEANS the night before last. I'm still tooting like crazy. Came really close a few times. The guys at work were not liking me to much yesterday.

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Fruit salad (Blood orange, strawberries, kiwi fruit).

Philly cheesesteak (onions, bell pepper) on sprouted wheat bread.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Jettalady said:
Gonna have home spaghetti !!! My hubby loves my spaghetti sauce LOL

Did I spell it right MBH??? LOL
Yes'm. Totally forgot about your spaghetti spelling fail.
I miss gabbly =(

I am eating nothing at the moment. We went out to dinner for my husband's birthday. Then we had dessert at a cute little cafe. I had tiramisu, he had key lime cheesecake, my daughter had mocha gelato, and my son had the biggest ganache covered chocolate mousse I've ever seen. Mmmm... feeling chubby...

Last edited:
Had popcorn for a snack and regretting it now. Oh the pain and remorse! Never again. Wish I hadn't of caved in to the craving.

ameslouise

dreamintwilight said:
5 spice cod, green beans, mashed potatoes, and leftover BBQ chicken. And chocolate covered graham crackers for dessert, yum!
Dang, girl! You can really eat!

Tonight I made "ropa vieja" using some veggy beef strip things from Trader Joe's, spanish rice and refried beans.

Should I just put the rubber sheets on the bed right now??!??!

Haha....yeah I guess that does sound like a lot. The fish, once cooked though, shrunk half the size. So, it wasn't completely filling.

I LOOOOOVE ropa vieja! I have been wanting to do that in my slow cooker, but I'm afraid to eat bell peppers still. Jealous! ;)

ameslouise

dreamintwilight said:
Haha....yeah I guess that does sound like a lot. The fish, once cooked though, shrunk half the size. So, it wasn't completely filling.

I LOOOOOVE ropa vieja! I have been wanting to do that in my slow cooker, but I'm afraid to eat bell peppers still. Jealous! ;)
You could try roasting the peppers first, then removing the skin...

I use this recipe: http://www.tasteofcuba.com/ropavieja.html

Aha! That is a good idea, Ames, thanks! I'm sure it would please my husband too. He misses bell peppers. We used to eat them a lot before Crohn's. We like to add them to our sloppy joe's for some extra vitamins :) I'll definitely have to try them roasted!

Are onions easy to digest? I've been staying away from them and using onion powder instead because I wasn't sure.

Astra

Yes
what's spanakopita?
what's ropa vieja?
What are sloppy Joes?

God Violet, it's like a foreign language to us Brits! lol

You guys are cracking me up!
Spanikopitas is a Greek pastry of phyllo dough stuffed with spinach and feta cheese and God knows what else, but they are delicious!
Ropa Veija is seasoned shredded beef in a tomato sauce. I think it's Cuban...Latino, at least.
Sloppy Joes are a good old American mess of ground beef, diced peppers and onions, and seasoning in tomato sauce served on a sandwich bun. There is a product here called Manwich that you can buy in a can and mix with browned ground beef to make sloppy joes. Definitely a no-no for most Crohnies, but they are pretty good (just don't tell my husband I said that!)

I believe spanokopita is a Greek spinach pie made with phyllo dough and feta cheese.

Ropa vieja is a Cuban dish with beef (usually flank steak) cooked until it is able to be shredded and is served with yellow rice and black beans.

Sloppy Joes are really messy sandwiches usually made of ground beef and seasoned with a tomato based mix and eaten on hamburger buns, sometimes topped with cheddar cheese.

Wow!!!! Thanks for your explanations & piccies!!! The sloppy Joe thing looks really tasty but it also looks like it would try to kill me slowly from the inside out.

I'm currently eating tofu & rice noodles with a *teeny* amount of pak choi (I'd rather have a sloppy jo though!!!)

violetcreams said:
(I'd rather have a sloppy jo though!!!)
Me too! I'm eating a low-sodium tuna sandwich. Tastes about as blah as it sounds, but a low-sodium diet is the only way I can keep my facial swelling from reaching drastic proportions. Dang pred :voodoo:

I am having some leftover Chicken and Bean concoction that I made in the crock pot last week with some tortillas and butter with a diet ginger ale. Also a lemon brownie for dessert.

Astra

Wow Marisa fab photos!

starving now, but I think if I ate those Sloppy Joes, I'd keel over and die!

Chris
You're eating well!

Mmm, I'm doing baked tofu tonight again! Love it!

Sabrina - I'm not sure I'd do well on Pred. I LOVE my salty foods, haha. I'd be super duper moon face!!

CrohnsHobo said:
I am having some leftover Chicken and Bean concoction that I made in the crock pot last week with some tortillas and butter with a diet ginger ale. Also a lemon brownie for dessert.

Ooh, lemon brownie - that sounds lovely

Thanks! Tomorrow after the scope I'll hopefully want to eat a ton, usually thats not the case though. Waitin on some jello to set up so I can "eat" something :)

Katie - Is it green Jell-o? ;) Hope your scope goes well!

Jeannette - Mmm, sprinkle donuts for breakfast are my favorite. I'm always hinting to my husband to get donuts in the morning, haha.

Astra

Good luck Katiesue

I'm having meatballs and tagliatelle
then trifle

oh god! wish me luck, think I've made a HUGE mistake!

Good luck katiesue! You are stronger than me...I avoid this thread on prep day! It can be torturous...especially when people post pics!

ameslouise

Good luck Katiesue!

Dinner tonight was an egg white frittata with sauteed greens and onions and a scalloped potato casserole. Delish, but I ate too late and fear I will be up all night!

Astra

Urgh Farm, I'm sorry, I wouldn't eat that if you paid me, it's bleeding!!
Happy Birthday anyways

Tonight I've had a chicken roast dinner with all the trimmings, and because of it, the alien has woke up, and is growling profusely!!

Yum!

I'm having spaghetti with tomatoes and artichokes. This will be the first time I've had an artichoke since being diagnosed. We'll see how that goes. I'll definitely be doing a lot of chewing before swallowing tonight, haha.

Last edited:

farm

Captain Insaneo
yeah I like it a bit on the rare side.

Tonight I had: Steak, Chicken, and Shrimp Fajitas, re-fried beans, rice, HOT salsa and queso!!!

I made an omelette with bacon onions and broccoli. Its sitting pretty so far. Actually since I started pred last week everything is sitting pretty. I have a new appreciation for food.

ameslouise

Marisa - How'd it go with the artichoke? I hope okay! It's one of my favorites.

Tonight we went to On the Boarder and I had veggie fajitas, guacamole, rice and black beans. I ate too much and now I look like a snake that swallowed a rabbit.

It went well, Ames! No stomach cramps at all. Yay! And I love artichokes too :) Another veggie I can add to my diet is always good. Keeps things interesting ;)

Yum, that sounds tasty! I am really missing Mexican food! What I would do for some enchiladas! Mmmm...

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
I raided the farmer's market this morning, and for supper had perishke (they're like breaded perogies?) and a small amount of butter lettuce.

Astra

ha ha you peeps over the pond make me laugh

what are perogies?

Marisa, I don't think I've ever had an artichoke in my life, in fact wouldn't know one if it came up and hit me in the face!

MMmmmmm perogies... sweet potato perogies are good with sour cream :) I feel like driving into NYC now and going to Veselka a good Ukranian restaurant! Now I need to figure out what to eat for dinner since nothing seems to be good for me. This morning I had an egg bagel with lox cream cheese and that I am still paying for. Normally I try to stay away from that even though its tasty!

I ordered pizza last night and chinese today. WTH is wrong with me? This is the ultimate form of self loathing. I think I am eating my feelings.

I had Chinese today for lunch. Tonight we're making orange chicken. I guess we're on an Asian food kick, haha...

Joan - Artichokes are yummy! They've got kind of a tart taste (not sure if that's a natural flavor as I've never eaten them raw, or if it's something they do when they freeze and/or can them). And I've read they are good for lowering cholesterol and digestive health too (as long as it's a food you can tolerate). Spinach and artichoke dip is a popular appetizer type dish over here. But I love them by themselves in pasta dishes. Yummy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artichoke

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Sliced turkey breast, gouda, olive spread, mixed herb salad on multigrain bread.

Fresh strawberries, apple and orange wedges. Sliced baby cucumber and sliced radish (raw).

Tea.

Astra

Nancy!
I love it! is that your Crohnie monster?

Marisa
they look a bit like my ornamental cabbages in the garden! Or a Scottish Thistle!
But I will seek one out in the supermarket and give it a go, will let you know - yum or yak!

LOL.... My name is Nancy and I am a chocaholic !!
It's my worst weakness.

But a little at times is okay....only the milk chocolate, not the dark though.

Ok so I am back to eating healthy. I binged on some junk food for a couple days but, I swear thats over now.

For supper I promise I am making fish, rice and some steamed veggies.

Astra

mmmm I'm a chocoholic too, but can't stand dark chocolate, it's dead bitter

Ha Ha Marisa, okey doke, artichoke adventure, here we come!

Tonight, after fantasising about it all day, I've eaten a big baguette with peanut butter and strawberry jam on it! Oh God help me!

Omg !!!
I had mc pukes last nite
not somethin I've been able too think about since cd

ok so I didn't go the burgers etc
but I had the chicken nuggets fries etc
funny thing is I buy nuggets from the shop an cook myself at home but they're crumbed and they seem too upset me (anything crumbed really weird )
but the mc pukes nuggets seem too be battered and havnt affected me as yet

not that I'll be rushin out to eat it again but good to know if I need somethin qwik

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Jennjenn said:
MMmmmmm perogies... sweet potato perogies are good with sour cream :)
SWEET POTATO PEROGIES? I've gotta go to New York! Wow!

I had pasta and a salad tonight.

Rob - Peirogies are like dumplings. Usually filled with some kind of meat or flavored potato mix (potato and onion, cheese and potato, etc.)

I just had some eggs and coffee. :)

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Cut-up bits of raw zucchini, bell pepper, mini-cucumber, tomato, radish. Orange slices. A big ol' corned beef and swiss sandwich on organic multigrain garnished with sauerkraut, lettuce and russian dressing.

I make kickass lunches for work. That way I eat healthy!

I made a minestrone soup with Swede, Carrots, a little onion, Tomato, Garlic Oil and rice noodles for dinner. It was great. Plenty of fibre and filling.

I'm gonna cheat on Saturday and have a homemade pizza with Parma Ham, Pepperoni and Salami on it. It's a processed meat Crohnie hell :poo: