• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

When did you notice your flare worsening?

Hello, I'm new here and I'm also new to TTC. I was wondering how soon in your pregnancies that you noticed your flare getting worse. I'm currently on 9mg uceris and 500mg pentasa 8 times pills a day. I'm hoping to conceive soon but I feel my flare worsening. Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm new here and I'm also new to TTC. I was wondering how soon in your pregnancies that you noticed your flare getting worse. I'm currently on 9mg uceris and 500mg pentasa 8 times pills a day. I'm hoping to conceive soon but I feel my flare worsening. Thanks in advance.
I have Crohns disease. I take Apriso daily and humira injections biweekly. I delivered in December 2015. My pregnancy was perfectly normal until about 21 weeks. I had a major flare up, and it contributed to my preterm labor at 25 weeks (baby girl is perfectly healthy!) I know it's hard to wait, but I highly suggest waiting until you are mostly symptom free. Regardless, as soon as you even semi-think a flare is starting call your GI immediately!!!!!

Don't ignore anything. I don't say any of this to scare you, but I found little information about CD and pregnancy, so I wanted to make sure I shared my experience. However, I have heard of several people who have gone into remission while pregnant. I hope you're on of them :) Good luck!!!!!