• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mini-vents

My vent today is Hollywood movies and sickness. Totally removed from reality. Hot actresses lay on a hospital bed and look pale and interesting (Kate Hudson), or have one angry outburst and limp a bit a few times (Anne Hathaway).

I guess they don't want to show all the sh!t we literally have to deal with. Not just us, most sick people go through all kinds of gross stuff.
Have you seen Love and Other Drugs? It's not a great movie but there's one scene where she gets frustrated and she screams and my heart completely broke watching it, because that's EXACTLY what it feels like. Like, someone understands and is willing to show people! It was really quite powerful, for me anyway.

Hmmmm well I was kind of talking about Anne Hathaway in that film. I did relate too, but overall it felt like another cop-out portrayal. I mean, all the people at the conference talking about the bad side of MS were old.

I did so relate though about her not wanting to have a boyfriend who would end up caring for her/spending her whole life alone, I felt so bad and wished I hadn't watched it!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Have you seen Love and Other Drugs? It's not a great movie but there's one scene where she gets frustrated and she screams and my heart completely broke watching it, because that's EXACTLY what it feels like. Like, someone understands and is willing to show people! It was really quite powerful, for me anyway.
I was really emotional while watching that movie. I even started a thread on the movie a few months back. It really it home. However, I am in a better mental state these days. :ybiggrin:

Oh, I'd like to see that movie now :)
My vent is about a rather bossy friend of mine ( we have had a couple of 'run-ins' before. ) Her husband just had surgery for bowel cancer and has a temporary stoma. First of all, she wasn't going to go over the hospital on the mainland with him while he had the surgery as 'he'd be out of it and anyway, she had too much to do here.' She did go after I and a couple of others expressed our disbelief. He's back now, and been thrown out of their bed and into a single in the spare room because 'the cats might scratch the bag and it's not fair to move them from where they usually sleep.'
Today I asked him if he has to watch what he's eating with the stoma and he started to tell me until she dived in and said no way was she making two separate meals as there's just the two of them and that doesn't justify the amount of work. I bit my tongue this time, but she could tell by my face and said:
'Ah, Helen does do separate meals ( for me and DS ) - that's why she's not saying anything.'
Am I overeacting or does this seem like quite selfish, almost heartless behaviour?

:eek:OMG! I can't believe you able to hold your tongue as much as you did! Her attitude is shocking to me, it's so sad her husband is going through so much and his own wife is acting like that! He has my deepest empathy...he's lucky to have friends like you, he'll need you I'm sure.

My vent is I'm on Day 3 of terrible leg cramps and my doctors keep waffling back and forth. The leg cramps are so bad they keep me up all night, and in the day I can barely walk...I need them to come up with something to help me, fast. I've had all the blood work so exactly WHAT is their problem???:angry-banghead:

Crohn's Mom

Helen that is absolutely unbelievable to me; and completely unacceptable behavior !! Wow !!
I'm appalled:eek:
You are definitely not overreacting and IMO heartless is an understatement !!

Mountaingem...I'm sorry for you! I hope your legs feel better quick..that's awful

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh, I'd like to see that movie now :)
My vent is about a rather bossy friend of mine ( we have had a couple of 'run-ins' before. ) Her husband just had surgery for bowel cancer and has a temporary stoma. First of all, she wasn't going to go over the hospital on the mainland with him while he had the surgery as 'he'd be out of it and anyway, she had too much to do here.' She did go after I and a couple of others expressed our disbelief. He's back now, and been thrown out of their bed and into a single in the spare room because 'the cats might scratch the bag and it's not fair to move them from where they usually sleep.'
Today I asked him if he has to watch what he's eating with the stoma and he started to tell me until she dived in and said no way was she making two separate meals as there's just the two of them and that doesn't justify the amount of work. I bit my tongue this time, but she could tell by my face and said:
'Ah, Helen does do separate meals ( for me and DS ) - that's why she's not saying anything.'
Am I overeacting or does this seem like quite selfish, almost heartless behaviour?
She's a heartless bitch and needs a slap across the face.

Dusty. :)

uuugggghh I could never do that to someone I'm supposed to love. God, my boyfriend isn't even sick and I make him whatever he wants. If he doesn't wanna eat what I'm eating, I'll make him something else. And you can bet if he had CANCER I would be doing anything and everything I could to make him feel better and make things as easy as possible for him. I can not believe there are so many good-hearted, single people on here, and women like THAT have husbands. How does that work?!

Thanks, folks. I know he's having issues with leaks and blowouts which I think is normal in the beginning, but she's not gonna be helping feeding him onions and other stuff. I'm going round today and will give her a piece of my mind. Quietly and calmly .... Unless she rattles my cage again!
Have a good day y'all.

Sometimes I make one dinner for the kids, one for hubby who gets home later sometimes and one for me because I just can't eat what everyone else eats (last night - tacos). Why should I force them to eat the stuff I'm forced to, and why should I hurt because I eat stuff they want but I can't have?

I don't think I could not visit any member of my family in the hospital. But my husband? I miss him when I'm in the hospital, I couldn't imagine letting him sit up there by himself. Heartless.

What a heartless bitch, I agree with Dusty, she needs aslap!

My mini vent today is NITS! Oli went to a friends yesterday for a sleepover and came back with them, bloody typical! I can't stop scratching my head now. Aaaaaaahhhhhhh - I hate them.

Bet whoever reads this now is scratching within 5mins!!

Treena x

Crohn's Mom

OH great ! I'm leaving in a few minutes to go for my surgery and now I will be scratching everywhere ! LOL

that's awful Treena .. Hope you get them cleared out of your house and head soon!

Sarah...I'm sorry you are being treated so bad ! :( I hope your GP can help you in the mean time! :)

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
yep- THANK OLI!!! My head itches just reading that! lol...doesn't help that little monster kitten at home has fleas...pulled 2 off him last night.

Anyone know of a really good flea killer?!?!?!

Grumbletum: What Dusty Kat said. Yes, blowouts and leaks can be common in the beginning, but my experience has been that blowouts happen when I rush to eat something my stoma isn't ready for. We're supposed to start with low fibre/low residue and slowly move towards a more varied diet. Sounds like your friend's friggin' attitude might be causing his blowouts. Grrr.

Hope the talk goes the way you want it to.

Cheers,

Kismet

yep- THANK OLI!!! My head itches just reading that! lol...doesn't help that little monster kitten at home has fleas...pulled 2 off him last night.

Anyone know of a really good flea killer?!?!?!
If the kitten is less than three months old, you just have to use a flea comb and pick them off. Advantage or Frontline (can't remember which) can be used on kittens. As for in the house, like on the carpet, my Grandmother's old fashioned remedy works best. Sprinkle table salt all over the carpet and let stand for 30 minutes, then vacuum. The salt kills the fleas.

Hope this helps your little guy! (and you lol)

I dont have Crohns, BUT I hate that my son who's almost 3 now has an Ileostomy due to this disease. We hoped for a resection, but we now have an Ileostomy. We will cope for Matthews sake, but God this is so bloody unfair!!!
For all of you fighting, Andrea please keep fighting,
Im thinking of you.
Nic xx

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Paso: When my cat had fleas a couple of years ago, we used Frontline and that worked wonderfully. Our vet said that it goes into the cat's bloodstream and stays there for awhile so it'll prevent fleas from coming back right away too. At least it's not lice (the post by Mum of Oli made my head itchy too!). Fleas apparently don't like humans, they will bite humans if desperate but they much prefer animals like dogs & cats. Having said that, my husband got quite a few flea bites on his legs when our cat first got fleas. We thought we might have bed bugs because he always got bit when we were sleeping, but it turned out to be fleas. Nasty little buggers!

My mini-vent today is that I am going to ask my brother to move out (I've vented about him before, in a nutshell he's basically gone crazy - he doesn't answer yes/no questions with a yes or a no, he'll give a rambling 10 minute answer that doesn't really answer either way, and he's becoming increasingly paranoid and defensive lately, he tries to tell me what to do and he thinks that I can just wish away my illness, he makes me cry and doesn't seem to feel bad at all, etc). He's been living with us for just shy of a year now and he's worn out his welcome. I hate confrontation though, so I'm dreading having this talk with him! My husband and I are going to talk to bro together and state things very clearly and I'm keen on giving bro a deadline of when to be out by. But, it's going to be tough to have this conversation and uncomfortable living with a crazy & possibly angry person for a bit longer while he's looking for a new place. But it's at the point where bro's behavior has become very stressful and therefore is detrimental to my health. It's my house after all, it should be a sanctuary, not the loony bin! Fortunately, my parents know what's going on and they actually have my back - my brother has always been the favorite, but he's been really paranoid and weird even with them too lately, so they actually understand my decision to kick bro out (they just hope he doesn't try to move back in with them - but come on, he's 26, he really needs to go out on his own finally!). So, I'm going to try to sit down with hubby and bro in the next few days and have this difficult conversation. Wish me luck!

@MattsMum-Poor baby! Hopefully though his health will be much better, and since he's so little he will most likely just go with the flow. It's heartbreaking when little ones suffer so much! My neice had to have bowel surgery last week (thank God no resection). She's not even two yet; I don't have kids but when she looked at me and said "Aunty, OW!" I think my heart shattered into a million pieces.

You and your husband are awesome, just keep hanging on! :)

@ Cat-I've read your vents about your brother in the past and my suggestion for your conversation is this: have all his bags packed by the front door and when he comes in say "You don't live here anymore." That's more than enough IMHO, after what you've been through.

@ Glum chump - thank you. I'll see her tomorrow and I'll explain this to her, for his sake. And if she doesn't listen, then I'll smack her really hard!

Seems there's been a lot of sad and worrying news on the forum today :-( I've shed tears - for the little ones ( Matt and Jeanette's niece ) and for Andrea and Littlemissh.

@Cat - you'll have to keep us updated on ur brother. But I do agree that ur home should be ur sanctuary.

My boyfriend and I have been living with his family for 10 months. It was only supposed to be 2 months since we were looking for house to buy. He got slapped with a lawsuit from a car accident a year earlier. We used the house savings to pay off some debt while we wait for it to go away. Now we're saving again to buy a house. And I'm just counting the days...

We work full time. Every night when we come home she has dinner made. Half these nights its fried. Like fried cube steak. No, I don't want to eat that. It would tear me apart! I'll have a PBJ instead. But I just say no thanks and she rolls her eyes. Ugh! Damned it I do damned if I don't.

I dont have Crohns, BUT I hate that my son who's almost 3 now has an Ileostomy due to this disease. We hoped for a resection, but we now have an Ileostomy. We will cope for Matthews sake, but God this is so bloody unfair!!!
Nic xx
MattsMum: I am so sorry about the illeostomy. Little kids should not have to go through this stuff.

Why is it that it seems friends disappear at the times when you need them the most? I'm usually in constant contact with friends. I had surgery on Friday and it seems, as usual, that they've forgotten how to text or call.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Jeannette, if my brother doesn't meet the deadline that I will set for him to be out by, then I will pack his bags or have the police evict him or whatever needs to be done. Haven't had the talk with him yet, I'm hoping to some evening this week. His work schedule is erratic so I need to catch him on his day off, but I don't know when that will be. I'll keep you guys posted!

I have a Hickman line for TPN feeding, and the adhesive from the dressing makes my skin itch like mad. It makes me paranoid that I'm developing an infection at the line site, but it's just the silly adhesive.

Also, I've been in hospital for 56 of the last 60 days. It's getting a bit old, and I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery soon!

I have a mini-vent.
So, here I am, laying on the couch, watching tv. I was wearing a tube top.
I casually look down at my chest, and what do I see? HAIR. Now, I've always had a very, very small amount of thin blonde hair almost all over my body. It's invisible unless I'm in a certain kind of light, but even then it never bothered me. Everyone has body hair. But tonight, the hair I saw was THICK. Almost coarse. And there was alot of it. So, naturally, I check the rest of my body for hair. I discovered very hairy knuckles, a slight moustache, and my stomach was almost fluffy. So I just spent the last 20 minutes putting Nair all over my body. I'm guessing this will be a frequent occurence until I'm off the prednisone. So lame.

Oh Samantha, thanks for the laugh! I remember the day I discovered hair ALL over, too-I ran out and bought two bottles of Nair.

I get fat-n-furry from pred; but it'll go away once you're off of it for a while; until then let's Nair!

Samantha, I'm totally in the same boat at the moment. I've been on a reasonably high dose of pred for the better part of the last nine months, and my body hair is getting out of control. Just yesterday I noticed an extra-long, course hair growing on my thumb. I'm definitely looking forward to getting off the pred in the next few weeks, especially as my consultant isn't convinced it's doing anything for me any more.

I found it pretty funny, myself. The side effects have stopped bothering me as much. They're still really bad, but I just don't have the energy to care anymore. I would rather be pain-free than gorgeous. I can live with the moon face, body hair, mania, insomnia, blah blah blah.

I actually had more chest than my boyfriend last night. So glad I had some nair on hand. It's not a huge deal, but still weirds me out quite a bit. I'm a girl. I shouldn't have that much chest hair.
One thing I am very happy about is my boobs have finally made their triumphant return. I'm back to a D34. It's nice to see them after their long hiatus.

my mini-vent

I need to vent, I just went grocery shopping and am a bit depressed afterwards

I miss.....
mushrooms
ice cream
blueberries
all fruit with pesky skins
roughage :)
Taco Bell
Salad bars
and lovely, lovely Diet Pepsi

I need a vacation from Crohn's!!!!!!!!:wink:

My mini vent of today is:

I just The car hooked up on my sisters massive wooden gate and have scraped and dented down one side of my husband's precious car!!!

I'm sure he'll be understanding - no one was hurt or anything, it was a stupid error of judgement.

Gulp!!

Treena x

Hoping today is my last dose of Prednisone for a VERY long time. Having a bitch of a time tapering off. The last two weeks have been 5 mg every other day, and it has been excruciating. I type for a living and I can barely bend my fingers right now.

Ow. Ow. Ow.

I hate when someone isn't upfront with someone else. Or tries to hide something behind a simple mask that anyone with the internet can raise over. Just so stupid that people can't just say what they're thinking. It makes me aganize over it. Why they can't do it. What I did wrong to make them think they couldn't trust me with the truth. Crappy. Just crappy.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I was out doing some weeding this evening so hubby wouldn't mow my daylilies (again) and found a yellow jacket nest!!!!!

One sting on my wrist, and the blasted thing STILL HURTS!!!:ymad::ymad::ymad:

i HATE when you tell someone that your 3 yr old has UC/CROHNS and all of a sudden there little one is having the same problems...just because they want attention. first of all you should NEVER hope wish or want your child to have something of this sort or be sick in any way just to get yourself attention second....if thats the way you want to do it...you shouldnt have your kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
second, i HATE the oh im so sorry....i didnt ask for nor do i want your sympathy for my babygirl. shes strong, shes positive, she amazing and ALL she needs is love and support not someone feeling sorry for her!

oh and the i dont know how you do it, i couldnt. YES you could and id hope you would. how do i do it....because i know i have to i know she needs me and she gets me through and gives me the strength to get her through

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
my mini-vent for today...was picking at what I THOUGHT was a piece of corn stuck in my teeth...and had half a filling come out!!!!! That means I will have to visit the dentist...something that I have been VERY bad about the last year or two.....

Only good thing is the office is across the hall from my office - so if I can get in and out I don't need to charge much time off at all!

My mini vent for the day:
I am so tired of people poking their noses into my business. As many of you know, I am a home healthcare speech path. I am VERY up front with my families regarding my Crohns. I explain that I may call last minute to say I can't make it because of stomach issues. I always make the visit up later in the week. Well, early this week I had a bad morning. I didn't make it to any morning appointment. So I made up the visits today, with the families approval I might add. One nurse (I just want to bust her face) is so passive aggressive and in your face all the time, says really snarky like "oh, your here today? I thought you were scheduled for yesterday". In front of three other professionals.
God, I just wanted to *+%<£ slap her!

So, as of last week, I'm flaring again. They increased my prednisone back to 40mgs, and now I'm just waiting on the financial approval for remicade. I still feel like shit most of the time, still have pain, nausea, night sweats.. I'm completely exhausted all the time. Like, sleeping 16 hours a day. No energy.
I'm on disability, and I'm supposed to be starting a new job in September. I'll be nannying again. Last week, my boyfriends parents asked if I could watch their two kids (5 and 10) this month from 5am to 12pm. I told them I could do it, as long as they know I'm still sick, might need days off, have lots of drs appointments, blah blah blah. So, Monday morning I head over there. By 9am, I had to bring the kids back to my place because I had forgotten some of my pills, and my baby wipes and they had no food that I was able to eat.
My apartment is not kid-friendly. I don't have toys, kids video games, kid food, nothing. So I did my best at taking care of them and keeping them occupied. By noon, I was so exhausted that I came home and slept until midnight. My stomach hurt all day and I spent a good amount of time in the bathroom, away from the kids. Which isn't good. So I told my boyfriend I didn't think I could keep working with them. Tuesday they didn't need me to come in, so I slept all day. That afternoon, I was informed that I had an appointment with my disability case worker the next day, so I couldn't work today. Tomorrow, the lady who hired me for September asked me to come by and meet her son and husband. So I can't work tomorrow. I also saw my GP today, and I talked to him about it. He told me he "really, really, really" didn't think I should be working this month. I'm just too sick. So I told my boyfriend that I won't be doing it anymore. It's too much stress, and I can't do it properly right now.
Now, He works a very physical job. 10 hour shifts, at night. 4pm until 2:30am. So he sleeps from about 6am to 2pm. Last night, he didn't come home from work. I wasn't worried, but I was a little upset because I knew where he was. Babysitting for his parents. Which meant he wouldn't be able to sleep, and had to go back to work tonight. Normally, I wouldn't mind, because he's helping out his parents. But here's the thing. His mother isn't working right now. His parents are separated, but they live like, 2 blocks away from each other. His mom WAS looking after the kids while his dad worked, but SHE WAS CHARGING HIM $600 EVERY TWO WEEKS TO DO IT. Am I wrong to think this is complete bullshit?! They're HER kids! And now I feel bad because I can't do it, and my boyfriend feels obligated to do it, but his mom doesn't even work! There is absolutely NO reason why she can't WATCH HER OWN KIDS. FOR FREE. Holy shit. Ok, I'm done ranting. This really, really bothered me.

Well, it would bother me too! Wow, it just seems to be rather selfish of her. I would have loved to have stayed home and taken care of my daughter! Your boyfriend sounds great though, making sure the little ones are taken care of.

Sorry to hear you are feeling crappy but very glad you are taking care of you. I hope the Remicade funding comes in for you very soon.

Non-IBD rant ahead!

Why are some women so not interested in you if you don't have kids? I reconnected through fb with a friend recently. It became apparent her interactions were solely with other friends who had kids. Then she deleted me- which is of course her right.

Today, I see a mutual friend is now friends with her. This friend has been on fb for ages, we've been friends awhile. She had a kid last week I kid you not!!

How ignorant and pathetic is that. She dismisses me out of hand because I don't have kids, not having the intelligence to realise there may be a good reason. One, I am only 24(although so are both the friends I talk about), we don't all want them early. And two, maybe, just maybe, I am going through serious health issues and don't want to have kids due to the risk of passing on problems.

Know I am better off without her but jeez what a moo and I am annoyed.

I have some lovely friends who do have kids and they don't turn a hair that I don't. She is the one missing out since with my friends I always send mum and baby small gifts at birth, and then a little something on birthdays. Gives me an excuse to coo over baby clothes lol which is what I usually get.

Think I have a partial obstruction.....I've only been going every other day and I'm so distended. I keep having horrible sharp stabbing pains, don't know if it's the CD or the pancreas....Threw up a whole toilet bowl full of yellow bile earlier. When I try to have a BM, or burp or fart, there's no relief afterward. My appointment with new GI is Aug. 26. I don't want to go see my current GI in between because he is adamant I DON'T have an obstruction. Any advice? I've been drinking coffee and going to try some stool softeners later. Putting myself on liquids for a couple of days also. If it doesn't get better I could go see my GP but all he can do is give me pain meds and tell me to go to my GI if it's too bad. Blech.

I never, never get constipated. I always have D with my Crohn's so this is very worrisome to me.

SarahAnne - If you are throwing up, I would take myself right to the ER. If you are obstructing they should admit you immediately and treat you there. So, don't wory about having to go see your old GI. Vomiting is a good indication something else is going on. When I had my partial obstruction, I thought I could stick it out, but the second I threw up it was ER time for me. I have heard horror stories bout perforation and actually vomiting up feces - neither of which I wanted to experience.

Drinking coffee and taking laxatives is not going to help if you are obstructed and could potentially cause you even more discomfort. Don't wait too long to seek medical attention!

No more throwing up so far....I took a tramadol on an empty stomach. I'm pretty sure now that's why I threw up. Pain meds and no food don't mix with me. I actually feel a lot better, got some energy and cleaned the house. All the moving around made the guts start to grumble. I've been passing gas with much more relief now. Feel like I might even have a BM tonight!! If not, then first thing tomorrow. It's so weird for me not going 3-7 times a day.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I feel like CRAP!....had a nagging tickle in my throat yesterday - took ny-quil last night - kept getting woken up by hubby because I was snoring....am tired, throat still hurts - DO NOT want ot be at work today, but I took Friday off on short notice so didn't feel comfortable calling in sick - was going to call in tomorrow - but I have to teach in the morning - might go home after....but am supposed to conduct a walk-through of the NYS Capitol with the fire department at 3pm (all week actually) - too much crap to do!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention I feel like crap!?

Oh - and my uncle is supposed to arrive today for a short visit - been a few years since I have seen him ..... supposed to have dinner at my Mom's....not sure I will even feel like eating!

I am at week 4 of Remicade and feeling like garbage! Pain every day, I know I'm losing weight again. I have NO energy and school starts in one week. I feel like I have a million things to do and I just want to sleep. Appt. with new GI is one week from Friday, I am so eagerly awaiting it. Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Ugh, sorry to hear Sarah. Hope you find something that works for you. Maybe you'll adjust to the Remicade. Definitely talk to the doc if the pain and fatigue gets worse. I know that when my Sarah was on Remicade, she was like a new girl almost immediately. Maybe it's the pain meds? I know you mentioned Tramadol.

Went to Dunkin' Donuts this morning to grab a bagel for breakfast. Said Onion Bagel. She repeated Onion Bagel. I get to work, and it's an EVERYTHING bagel. Ugh. Hate these things. Not to mention the nuts and seeds on them. Can't eat it. Gotta scrape the nuts and seeds off. Pray to god or whatever that I actually get them off and don't miss a few. lol

Idiots.

My recurring issue with DD is when I ask for decaf and don't get it. I can tell within minutes because my bowel tells me so. You'd think I'd learn and make my own...

I used to work in restaurants. When Decaf was out, Caf always went out to the customer. Good luck with that! I feel better now, sent a nasty letter on their website.

Feel like I'm on a roller coaster! I had such a bad day yesterday, I could hardly walk. I was so tired and in so much pain. Started to feel better in evening, got some decent sleep and now I feel ok. This is a pattern that has been repeating....I will feel ok today, and try to eat and get some housework done. By late evening my guts will be twisted up and hurting again. The only way I can break this every other day cycle is by not eating at all, no thanks. It doesn't feel like Crohn's pain though, I think my pancreas is inflamed again. So worried because I don't see the new GI until a week from Friday.

Hubby says don't even bother calling old GI, going to my GP today and if he can't do something to help until I go to Alabama, then I guess I'll go to the ER one last time. This totally sucks right now because my kids are starting school in a week and I have a million things to do. My grandmother in Pensacola is about to pass and I'm just waiting on that phone call, and that will be a 2 1/2 trip to the funeral and then back. And my husband is working two jobs 4 days out of 7 this week.

I'm ready for a break! I need a day where I can just stay in bed and sleep all day.

I used to work in restaurants. When Decaf was out, Caf always went out to the customer. Good luck with that! I feel better now, sent a nasty letter on their website.
LOL! I used to work for the largest and most popular coffee shop for 5 1/2 years. They have standards about all that stuff, but if we ran out of decaf, we would top it off with caff too. Unless the manager was watching. We also used to give decaf to people intentionally who were jerks for whatever reason. It's easy to put decaf espresso in a latte instead of caff, no one can see what you're doing back there!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
My mini-vent today is that I think I'm coming down with a cold. Yuck! I have a co-worker who came in to work yesterday even though she was miserably ill with a cold. She and I share a work area for part of the day so her germs got all over everything. She said she sanitized stuff, but she'd cough into her hands and then type on the keyboard (which I then had to use later), ewww. I stayed away as much as possible and I sanitized everything, but I'm sure her germs got into the air. She called in sick today, and of course now I'm starting to feel a little tickle in the back of my throat. Why couldn't she just have called in sick yesterday too and avoided giving me these germs?? Grrr!

People think they're doing the "noble" thing by coming into work with a cold or flu. Because it's just a cold, right? Not to the severely immuno-compromised, like you and I. That cold can turn into pneumonia in 3 days. I wish people would just stay home and rest. Not only for their sake, but for mine, too. It's becoming a huge issue in North America, too. I remember a couple years ago, a letter was sent out at my work (when I had a "real" job) about staying home when you have flu-like symptoms, and not trying to be a hero and come in while sick. It's pretty selfish, although they might not see it that way.

My mini-vent: Ok, it's not so mini to me, but really doesn't warrant it's own thread, especially since it's not really IBD related. Last year, at this exact time, I was dealing with a real, movie-type stalker. The kind you read about in books. This guy even got a tattoo for me, 3 weeks after meeting me. He had fallen maaaadly in love with me, though the feelings were never mutual. At first, it was just sad. Then it got pathetic. When he started breaking into my car and sitting in it, crying, all night, it kind of got creepy. Then my boyfriend and I learned from the security guard, that he had been sitting outside our bedroom window and back door for around 8 hours a night. WHAT?! The police were involved, but couldn't do anything due to loopholes in the justice system. This went on for 4-5 months. I was terrified to be in my own home. He often went to my parents house and sat outside their place, too. He threatened to kill my boyfriend on more than one occasion, as well as my best friend and my family and a few ex-boyfriends. he was completely insane. I'm fully convinced that he is a true psychopath and needs to be institutionalized. I am not over-reacting about this. He did horrible things. Tried to kill my cats, followed me EVERYWHERE, spread insane, unbelievable lies about me...
Anyways, the last time I saw him was sometime in february when I caught him standing outside my bedroom window. Since then, he hasn't done anything. We all kind of though he would "return" around this time, since this is when everything got bad last year. Well, he sent me a message on facebook this morning. Then another one. He told me he has been on medication for almost a year now and he would like to apologize for everything he has done, and make it up to me somehow. He said he's been dreaming about me alot and he misses me like crazy. He implied that we should get together, and gave me his cell phone number. He said "I owe you alot!!!"
I've been shaking ever since I read his first message. From fear, anger, anxiety, stress.. I start thinking "was he here last night? what about the night before? Is that why the cats were meowing at the back door? what if he starts again? Does he know I'm sick? Does he know what kind of car i drive now? What if he gets my cell phone number?"
This guy literally ruined 4 months of my life. I was a nervous wreck this time last year, and I wasn't flaring like I am now. I will not be able to deal with this if he starts again. My stomach starting cramping and stabbing as soon as I saw the message from him. As soon as I saw his name. I hate this guy, and he was talking to me like all he did was ruin my favourite shirt. I am so on edge now, and nothing can be done about it. Obviously, I WILL NOT message him back. But what if he doesn't stop? I tried everything last year. Ignoring him for a month. The calls, texts, unwanted visits and threats still came, every single day. Then i involved the police. There's nothing they can do. Then I fought back. I threatened him. I got mad. That seemed to work, or so I though. UUgggghhhhh, I just can't deal with this right now. I swear to god, if he starts coming here again, and making me feel how I did last year, it will be straight to the mental ward for me. Better to be locked up, but safe, in there, than out here, alone most of the day, and unable to fight for myself. He's like, 6'1" and over 200 pounds. I'm 5'8" and approx 130, but extremely weak. I don't stand a chance if he ever broke in and tried god knows what on me. I'm scared.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
That IS really stressful Samantha! I to had a stalker once...guy actually showed up at my door with a GUN - at least he wasn't threatening me with it - but brought it fror 'my protection'....yeah...right.....at the time I worked in a police department so I had lots of back-up...although I DID spend a night or two at a co-workers house with a german shepard and multiple guns around (in addition to 2 CUTE cops!)....

Seriously - while a restraining order ~sounds~ like an idea - it is only as good as the paper it is printed on - AND may only make things worse.....

Make sure you block him on Facebook - so he can't see ANY of your information - if you feel you need to replay at all, tell him that you have no interest in picking up any type of relationship, and feel things would be best if there was no contact...at least that is what I would do.

Years ago, I broke up with a boyfriend just before he was going to propose to me - and I had NO CLUE that was coming!...i was stalked (different person than from above!) - would find him outside at my car, phone calls etc.....finally over time he gave up, and actually found someone else whom he ended up marrying.....to this day however, I'm not sure if he would say hello if we passed on the street....and I never intended for that much hurt ot happen.

Remember to take care of YOURSELF - if he continues to try to contact you, I would definitely make sure the police are aware of it...document, document, document!.....not sure about the laws in Canada, but there must be something on the books to stop harassing behavior.....

Yeah we tried the restraining order last year. We needed to get his address to have it delivered, as the police don't do that. It needs to be served by someone who is impartial or something. Plus I actually had to go down to court, make an appeal to a judge, with proof that he was actually harrassing me. And although we had proof that he was constantly around my apartment at all hours of the night for two months straight (we have it all on camera) and eye witnesses stating that they had seen him around, they couldn't charge him with anything. Since I live in an apartment building, none of the places he was caught on camera are actually "my" property. The police said "he could have been visiting another friend."
At one point, the police were in my house talking to me, when he called my cell phone. The police were there because I caught him driving past my apartment 3 times that night. The officer answered my cell phone, and the stalker didn't believe it was the cops. He started threatening him, saying he would have 20 guys at my house with guns within 20 minutes. The cop fucking egged him on, calling him a pussy and told him to "bring it." They wouldn't even wait the 20 minutes to see if they would come. I stayed locked in my bathroom with my cats for like, an hour.
Last year was horrible for me. I hired a private investigator to find his address so I could get a restraining order, but couldn't afford his fees. I even flew to my hometown for a week, hoping he would think I moved. This guy stalked another girl a few years ago, and did the same things to her. If you look her up on google or whatever, you'll find an obituary. Legally, on paper, she is dead. She's not actually, but that's how far she had to go to get him to stop. He's lebanese, and apparently involved with some gang here. His dad has tons of money and owns property all over the city. This guy has virtually no limitations when it comes to what he could do to me. For a while, everyone thought I was crazy, but this man is a legitimate psychopath.
He contacts me or one of my friends every few months, but as far as I know it hasn't gone past that since february. But that's the thing, I didn't know he was actually stalking me until a month after he had started. How many times has he been here since then? What does he know about me? It's not knowing how far he will go that really scares me. He's just so unpredictable. I hate that feeling. Thank god for ativan, hey? I was a mess a few hours ago. But I can't let him do this to me again. I took my pill, calmed down, and made sure all the doors and windows were locked. I haven't gone to sleep yet since last night, so I think I will get some rest now. Hopefully he just had a bad day or something, and it doesn't go past this.

I have lots to do and because of fatigue only get a few hours a day then I'm worn out,usually by 2-PM, so not really getting ahead. yesterday my son who owns a computer repair business was sick with the flu. i ended up doing his work. i don't like going to peoples houses to fix their computers for 2 reasons. 1 its bloody boring sitting there waiting for stuff to load.
2, what if i have to run. its not nice asking and using a strangers bathroom, and all the things associated with that, I'm sure i don't have to explain. hopefully i can get some of my own stuff done today. also sick of this crap weather. we had snow for the first time in over 20 years. i hate the cold. roll on summer then i can complain about the heat.

this sounds like something my wife would say to me.

BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get the Hell Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1 (800) waa-waaa. This is Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'. If you like this, re-post it. If you don't... suck it up cupcake, Life doesn't revolve around YOU!!!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
still feeling crappy today - actually went home early from work and curled up in bed for a few hours.....stuffy nose and a cough - I even have used my inhaler a few times to try to clear things up!

I know this has been said SO many times, but it's been bothering me alot lately. I'm so sick of people saying things like "I know what you're going through, I've got IBS."
IBS is not the same thing as crohns disease! Yes, it has a few of the same symptoms, like diarrhea and abdominal pain.. But that's about it. IBS isn't even a disease. There is no test to determine whether or not you have IBS, because it doesn't cause ulcers, inflammation and narrowing, like crohns. The pain of crohns disease is much worse, as is the diarrhea. Not to mention all the extra-intestinal issues that come along with crohns. They don't even prescribe medication for IBS. They "treat" it with a high fiber diet, which is really bad for crohns disease.
I'm not trying to belittle anyone who has IBS. I'm just sick of people telling me they know how bad crohns is, because they have IBS. I think it's a mickey mouse diagnosis. When they can't figure out what's wrong with you, they stick you with IBS to give it a name and appease you. I was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago, and it pissed me off so much. Now that I've been diagnosed with crohns, I want to find every doctor who told me "it's just irritable bowel syndrome.." and punch them in the dick (yes, they were all men.)
My god, today has been bad. I think the prednisone is making me REALLY grumpy lately. I'm so annoyed at everything! I hope this goes away soon.

I agree! I have only two things to say to anybody with IBS.

1. - Get a 2nd opinion. (Docs told me I had IBS even though my pain was so bad visits to the ER were common.)

2. - If you really do have IBS - don't tell me you know what Crohn's is like. You don't have a clue.

Mini Vent : So some of you may know that lately i've been losing my hair , prob lost about 50% of it so far. Im getting married in 7 days so this has been upsetting me a great deal. Some days im ok but today in the shower so much came out , i got very upset and cried a lot. I was ment to go out with friend today but i backed out as i just didn't feel upto it. The vent is really about my so called best friend , we've know each other for about 10 years now , but she is so self centered that i just kinda want to tell her to stay away from me. She is my bridesmaid and she recently had her hair dyed brown , it didn't go as planned and ended up about 2 shades darker than she would like - cue days of her bitchin about how awful her life is and how dreadful she looks. I tried to explain that it would wash out but she still goes on. Later that day i got a bit upset and said to her (expecting some support) how i felt a little down due to my hair falling out - she turns around and says that i should try being in her shoes and having hair too dark ! i would love to have hair to dark as aposed to going bald. This is the same girl who tells everyone she is my best friend and would do anything for me , yet when i was in hospital after losing a load of blood and needing a transusion (very scared at that time) didn't bother to come and see me (she lives 10min walk from the hospital!) and didn't even bother to call or txt me. I realy don't know why i bother with her. It's my own fault really , Really need to re-evaluate some things !
Wow feels good to get that off my chest !

@ Joleen-OT-How beautiful you look with your veil! I had a so-called best friend like that too, who was also my maid of honor. She actually came to the hospital when I was diagnosed with colon cancer, and just as I was about to tell her my diagnosis, she goes into this long story about how being my friend is just too hard. She said, "It's always something with you being sick, you're not any fun anymore." And she walked out like that.

I was totally broken-hearted, in alot of ways it was more painful that breaking up with a guy; it was like losing your sister, confidant, and partner in crime. But I learned something really important-there's always clues ahead of time with someone selfish and mean-spirited, (we just love them and overlook them) until it hits us REALLY hard.

I took away from that experience to realize you deserve a dear, loving friend that is always there for you, and if they can't be that person, life's too short to deal with them. I know that sounds harsh, but Crohn's has changed me in alot of ways and in a way it's a mixed blessing because often people will show who they really are.

You'll know if and when that's the right call for you. Don't sweat it now; just go have a beautiful, lovely wedding!

Thanks Jeannette , The Picture is from my hen (bachelorette) Party.
It's just weird after 10years to think we may not be friends anymore (even me and Matty have only been together 5 years and she's the one who introduced us)
It just seems to be one thing after another with her. She's always been through something worse or can do something better. She is even like this with her own sister (i happen to be good friends with her too and she's confided in me about some of the hurtful things she's done to her too)
Im just going to start distancing myself from her i think , i have another very good friend (we were kinda always the 3 muskateers) and she's been so amazing and supportive throughout everything. And my little sister (she's 24) is great , she really takes care of me (and my amazing fiance and soon to be hubby)
Im just going to start spending time with my real friends.
Your right about something like crohns showing who your real friend are and who you can rely on. It is prob the 1 good thing thats come of it.
And im not going to let her take over my big day with her 'me me me' attitude lol :)

She sounds so much like my former friend, it's scary. I'm glad you have good supportive friends who are there for you!

Congrats to you and your fiance and I'll drink a toast to you both next weekend!:cheerss:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Non-IBD rant ahead!

Why are some women so not interested in you if you don't have kids? I reconnected through fb with a friend recently. It became apparent her interactions were solely with other friends who had kids. Then she deleted me- which is of course her right.

Today, I see a mutual friend is now friends with her. This friend has been on fb for ages, we've been friends awhile. She had a kid last week I kid you not!!

How ignorant and pathetic is that. She dismisses me out of hand because I don't have kids, not having the intelligence to realise there may be a good reason. One, I am only 24(although so are both the friends I talk about), we don't all want them early. And two, maybe, just maybe, I am going through serious health issues and don't want to have kids due to the risk of passing on problems.

Know I am better off without her but jeez what a moo and I am annoyed.

I have some lovely friends who do have kids and they don't turn a hair that I don't. She is the one missing out since with my friends I always send mum and baby small gifts at birth, and then a little something on birthdays. Gives me an excuse to coo over baby clothes lol which is what I usually get.
What a tosser!

You should have deleted her first for two reasons...

1. Not belonging to this forum.

2. Not being a member of the Undiagnosed Club.

They are both far more exclusive than her Kids Club.

Dusty. :)

Mini Vent : So some of you may know that lately i've been losing my hair , prob lost about 50% of it so far. Im getting married in 7 days so this has been upsetting me a great deal. Some days im ok but today in the shower so much came out , i got very upset and cried a lot. I was ment to go out with friend today but i backed out as i just didn't feel upto it. The vent is really about my so called best friend , we've know each other for about 10 years now , but she is so self centered that i just kinda want to tell her to stay away from me. She is my bridesmaid and she recently had her hair dyed brown , it didn't go as planned and ended up about 2 shades darker than she would like - cue days of her bitchin about how awful her life is and how dreadful she looks. I tried to explain that it would wash out but she still goes on. Later that day i got a bit upset and said to her (expecting some support) how i felt a little down due to my hair falling out - she turns around and says that i should try being in her shoes and having hair too dark ! i would love to have hair to dark as aposed to going bald. This is the same girl who tells everyone she is my best friend and would do anything for me , yet when i was in hospital after losing a load of blood and needing a transusion (very scared at that time) didn't bother to come and see me (she lives 10min walk from the hospital!) and didn't even bother to call or txt me. I realy don't know why i bother with her. It's my own fault really , Really need to re-evaluate some things !
Wow feels good to get that off my chest !
This sucks! I also have a friend like this. I don't think she's as much of a shitty friend as yours sounds like, but she's along the same lines, unfortunately. Since I was diagnosed, she hasn't been around much. We've also been best friends for ten years. She's never visited me in the hospital, even after she lost her job and had nothing else to do all day. I was pretty upset with that. She would rather drink with her other friends than hang out with me. I don't drink anymore, and I don't go to many parties or bars. Abotu a year ago she started hanging out with this other girl. She's a couple years younger than us, and so immature. She's a horrible friend too. She started making out with some guy that my best friend really, really liked right beside her. And she knew that she liked him. They even got in a fist fight over it! I figured they would stop hanging out after that, but nope. I would never do anything like that to anyone, let alone someone who is supposed to be my best friend. But she would rather hang out with her than me. Because she drinks every weekend, and parties and "has fun" and I don't. You really do find out who your true friends are when you get sick. I haven't seen many of my friends this past month, just because I've been feeling too shitty to go out. I get the odd text here and there, but it's not the same. It's fine though, I would rather have less friends and therefore less obligations and stress, than more friends and more plans to say no to. I've been living a fairly stress-free responsibility-free life lately, and I can really tell the difference in my condition. My stomach doesn't cramp up as much, I'm more relaxed, and I sleep better. It's nice.

Gripe, piss, moan

Okay, this weekend...ahhhhhhh!
I am obligated to obtain 10 hours of continuing education a year to remain in good standing with the state & national organizations governing speech pathologists. Okay, no big, right? Well, I signed up for a very expensive course that requires 12 hours of computer prep BEFORE you actually get to take the course. They also give you a very limited window of time to complete the work. I signed up August 11, they charged my credit card immediately then asked me to pick my window. I picked Aug 18- Sept 1 as I am headed out of town Sept 1 and won't be back until the conference. I go to sign in, as I set aside the entire weekend to complete this work AND I CAN'T GET ON THE SITE! My family had gone to the beach without me so I could have some quiet to do this. Attempts to contact the "24 hour tech support" were in vain. So now I need to squeeze this work into an already packed schedule before going to NJ to take care of legal issues for my mother that has Alzheimer's. Needless to say, by 5 PM I was sitting on my favorite bar stool!

I truly hope everyone had a great weekend. More importantly, I hope you share a good experience with me so I don't loose all hope! (just kidding)

Update: it took 4 phone calls, 7 emails and 6 hours on Monday to get the mess straight so I could start this course work. How do people sleep at night? Does anyone do their job correctly the first time anymore?

Update : I decided to ignore my so called friend as i just really couldn't be bothered with her anymore. Well 2 days later , she was txt'in and calling asking to go out for some food. It had got back to her that i was angry with someone and she was worried it may be her (guilty conscience !) So she has been ultra nice since then. Will have to see how she goes after the wedding , still unsure i want anything to do with her (she really did upset me that much - and not for the 1st time) Jeannette and Samantha it's nice to know that im not the only one thats found this (otherwise i would start thinking the problem is maybe me)

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
Joleen, were I in your shoes I would at the very least distance myself from her after the wedding. Some people who are self-centered and selfish also seem to be blind to how much the people around them hate it. If she loves you as a best friend should then she'll notice your distance and hopefully(!) ask about it. If she doesn't notice or doesn't ask..

I don't think it's something you should get into before your wedding, you have enough going on and as much as possible should all be happy and wonderful!!

Joleen, I feel your pain! I lost hair in handfuls when I got sick. But it all came back eventually.

My mini-rant is that I had to buy used books this semester, and apparantly, I bought them from a highlighter-nazi. The pages are bleeding! Seriously?

And I'm wearing a stupid shirt. Which got ruined because I forgot to wear a bandage today. Fml.

Joleen you aren't alone. I agree with the other person that said not to deal with her before your wedding though. Your day is all about YOU...oh, yeah and that guy waiting at the other end:ybiggrin:

@ Mark- ha! Betcha we could fill a whole sub forum just on people that do not do their jobs correctly the first time...or the second time...or the third time...

Update: finished unit 1. 3 sections, 3 section tests, one unit exam and one unit essay later. Woo-hoo! Now just need to do unit two. See, good stuff happens!

I'm so mad at myself. I got a speeding ticket this morning (my first one!). I NEVER speed on this road. Usually I am the one everybody is annoyed to be stuck behind. This morning I was just not paying attention. When I was pulled over I found out my insurance AND my tabs are expired! I know it's all my fault but I can't stop beating myself up over it, which is not productive. I feel like such a ****up. :(

HI Nic that is really annoying. I always try to watch my speed and it really frustrates me when people speed past over the limit and never get caught.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
My mini-vent today is about my brother (some of you may recall that I've vented about him before!). He currently lives with us. Yes, still. A month or two ago, hubby and I had a talk with brother. I told bro in no uncertain terms, "You need to find your own apartment. You cannot live with us anymore." But before I could give him a deadline, hubby chimed in and said, "Try to find a new place before winter." Argh! Hubby gave bro wayyyyy too much time, I was thinking 1 month or 2 max. So bro is still living with us and still driving me up the wall. I've been really proactive, when I see that a nice-looking place is available for rent I'll mention it to bro, and I constantly ask him "did you find an apartment yet???" But all he says is "not yet" and he's still stubbornly living in my spare room and acting like a crazy person (he smokes way too much weed to the point that he's super paranoid all the time and talks crazy - he thinks the air conditioner is pumping poisonous chemicals into the house, stuff like that). I'm going to sit down with bro again soon and stress that he needs to get his own place SOON or I will be very tempted to throw all his stuff out into the street, or have the police come and evict him. He never signed any kind of a lease when he moved into my place, and I (and hubby) am the homeowner, so legally I should be able to throw him out whenever I want to, right?

Bitchen about my itchin

I have scratched my own stomach apart and my wafers are not behaving and staying on because the telfa pads are making them not stick. I have had a stoma for 15 years. I know how sensitive my skin is but I just couldn't help and scratch at the itchness from my appliances and sweat. However, seeing all the problems that everyone else is dealing with, mine seem much littler. Keep it light people. Stress is a downer for us. Peace! God, but that scratching felt almost orgasmic. I said almost.:lol::eek:

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
I've been in so much pain that I haven't slept in 26 hours. Everytime I tried last night every joint hurt, my head hurt. If I managed to try to start to settle, the lack of movement made my skin flare up and my hands made me feel like screaming if I didn't keep them in constant movement. I've tried tramadol, I've tried xanax - both of which usually help to some degree, enough to sleep at least. no luck.

At least I had the foresight to log in remote and start working at 3am. My boss cringes whenever I call him in the morning, I can hear it in his voice. I hate having a chronic illness. I know he doesn't understand. I know people think I'm lazy or whatever. I hate calling him! I hate having to say I'm sick. I already spent a day out this week for a colonoscopy.

gah I hate all of these disease and disorders and literal CRAP that screw things up all the time!

stupid disease problems

Hi Carrie,
I know exactly what you mean. No one who hasn't gone through this crap can get it. We just want our lives back. It seems like if it isn't our butts hurting, it's our belly and if that subsides then our joints hurt. It always seems like the present hurt is worse than the previous. I hate sounding like a hypochondriact but I know if I talk to anyone about all this, thats what I sound like. ( present company excluded) Have you ever considered going on disability? I am not on it but luckily my husband makes enough money where I can stay home. I know the stress of being prepared for an outside job would and has made me flair up all over the place. I feel for you, I really do. I hope your day gets better. Peace. :hug:

I hate days when I have to choose which pain to treat. Today, really bad sinus pain won out over joint pain. But now my joint pain is worse. I hope Pain Management sort me out with something better in a few weeks!

Carrie630

The Prettiest Princess
I've thought about fmla, but disability is out of the question as I'm head of household. It's just not feasible. I got a few hours sleep, but still hurt. will be taking more painkillers with splurge italian delivery for dinner.

I have been in the hospital for over a week now, preparing to have a resection in a few weeks. My very religious Aunt has kindly been praying and asking her church group to pray for me as well. On the phone, she asked if this would finally "take care of my problem." Don't know how many times my mom has told her that my Crohn's is a chronic condition. I told her yeah, it would take care of what's going on in my gut at the present moment, but it wouldn't cure it. She said her youth pastor was diagnosed with Crohn's but the prayer group asked Jesus to cure him and he did. Maybe he didn't have Crohn's after all. It really pisses me off when people try to imply that I have IBD because of something I did, or that I can't cure myself because I won't pray or go to church enough. I didn't do anything "bad" to get it, and I can't just be "good" to make it go away. Sometimes I really want to choke well meaning people.

Now I'm starting to feel guilty....I'm supposed to be at home doing NOTHING and taking in as many calories as possible before my surgery. My mom has agreed to come over every day to help me out, she's keeping my car since I can't even really drive. She came over late this afternoon because she had to run errands for my sister - don't even want to go into that - and I mostly needed her to take me to the store to get some more supplement drinks. So we only had an hour before the bus was supposed to drop off my kids off. She starts looking at stuff on the clearance racks, and pj bottoms, and all kinds of other stuff. I finally had to tell her we only had 20 min. and we still had to go wait in line. I shouldn't have been doing that much walking around and I thought she knew that.

So she makes lunch for herself when we get back and then she puts in laundry and emptied the dishwasher. I was thankful for that, but I told her it wasn't necessary. My son is supposed to empty the dishwasher as part of his chores and my hubby can take care of the kitchen when he gets home. I need someone to take care of ME (God, that sounds selfish!). She folded laundry (which I can do sitting on the couch). Then she asks if I'm okay if she goes home because she has laundry and dad was about to get home from work. My kids had only been home for 45 minutes! I still had 2 1/2 hours until my husband was supposed to get home from work! That is the part of the day when I need her the most, and she took off! I didn't argue, I'm on 40mg of prednisone right now and anytime I get even a tiny upset or emotional, she overreacts and treats me like I'm about to blow my top. It's nuts! I guess she's just over-exhausted taking care of her 34 yr old daughter for the last 2 weeks, and I understand that. But if she can't do it, she should say something. I had texted my husband and he came home an hour early, I think he is going to come home early every day and work from home; luckily he has the freedom with his job that he is able to do that.

She has helped me out so much the last few weeks, I just can't say anything to her. I was just blown away when my daughter came home with 2 of her friends all being loud, leaving the front door open and my mom just said bye to everyone and left.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to get it out so I don't say something I don't really mean to her. It's hard on everyone, I'm trying my best.

It is hard when you can see both sides, isn't it? Even harder when you are used to taking care of everyone and everything in your world by yourself. You are not selfish, hon! You just REALLY need the help right now. Keep breathing, keep your head (good job by the way...I never could have pulled that off while on Pred!) and continue to try to conserve your strength. You can get through. Come on back, spew here. We all love you and will spew right along with you!
:ghug:

I'm getting pretty tired of youthful arrogance borne of never having been truly sick one's self.

"I know a guy with Crohn's and he's FINE. [Why are you always complaining?]"

AUGH.

I swear to God I'm going to punch this kid.

Haha, thanks guys! Feeling a lot better today, but I haven't taken my pred yet! Trying to keep a positive attitude about everything. My days are filled with bottles and bottles of nutritional supplements, but I get to lie around and play as much uninterrupted XBox as I want, so it's pretty much a trade off. Plus, the weather right now is gorgeous! After being in the hospital for over a week, it's nice to sit outside in the sunshine with a nice breeze. I forgot how pretty it can be outside when it's not miserable!

It totally helps to get on here and vent on the bad days, makes me feel like I can keep on going in the real world. Thanks for listening.

Hope things improve fast for you SarahAnne. :(

I was in remission for a month and my boss decided to come into work with a stomach bug. Now my Crohn's is in all-out flare mode again after having to deal with the bug for 2 days.

Wanna punch HIM, too.

Go ahead, punch him! Sometimes people are just idiots, even of you didn't have Crohn's, what makes your boss think everyone at work wants his virus! Ughh such a pet peeve of mine!!! I feel a rant coming on...

An aquaintence of mine brought her little girl to my home while she was sneezing and coughing with the flu. She already knows I'm on chemo and pred and Remicade, all of which lower the immune system, and when I reminded her that I can't be around sick people, she said "Oh she's getting over it. She's not contagious." I wanted to throw her and her kid out, but I can't be that mean to a child, and the little girl is a total sweetheart and all excited to visit.

Well, 5 days later I had pneumonia and I had to quit all my meds to get well, which of course triggered a monster flare, that has taken me 5 months to get under control.

Now I think I can't afford to be nice about it. None of us can.

I live with my boyfriends parents. Just for another week and a half until we move into our own apartment again.

Anyways, his mom'sgoing out of town for a week today to visit family. Last night we were in the kitchen, and she told me that we were almost out of coffee. We pay her for groceries even though we barely eat what she buys, and I still have to buy our snacks and drinks. And this is the second time she's left and not had food in the house when she leaves.

I'm pissed that now I have to go out and get "the big" coffee because she didn't want to buy it when it wasn't on sale. There goes $14. And looking around the kitchen this morning, we also need bread, meat, pb... and the list goes on. His dad won't buy it, don't think he's ever walked into a grocery store his whole life (another rant one day).

I didn't want to spend money this week since we're going to need it for deposits and such. Ugh! I realize this might sound like a small thing, but i guess I'm at my wits end with this woman

Not a small thing at all. I think most people's budgets are stretched like yours and inconsiderate crap like this makes you really nervous about how you're going to pay for it all.

If I have to unexpectedly spend $20, I REALLY worry about it.

Jessica, I totally understand. Most of us live on a strict budget what with the cost of meds and appointments and all that goes along with the disease. My sister used to work less than a mile from my house and would come over every day at lunch and raid my frig. I told her if she wanted to pack a lunch and leave it there it would be okay, but she was eating and drinking snacks and juice boxes I put in my kids lunches, and leftovers that we wouldv'e been eating for dinner. And half of the time she wouldn't even finish them. It made me so angry!

Good luck with the move. I'm sure your stress level will decrease significantly!