• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Remicade dosage - rounding up or rounding down?

I recently started Remicade and have received 2 infusions. They first started me at 200 mg, but are now upping my dosage to 300 mg. I weigh 110 pounds, so my true dosage should be 250 mg. Do your providers normally round up or down? I’m worried the first 2 infusions were not strong enough. This disease has knocked me out for the past 4 months (newly diagnosed, steroid refractory, have lost 30 pounds, every part of my digestive system was inflamed), and I want to make sure it gets treated effectively. Thanks!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
It is normally rounded up - the vials are 100mg each, and as far as I know they are NOT split up......so it may vary a little depending on your weight - which is why you should be getting weighed every time you go for an infusion.