• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Best benefit of an ileostomy

So...obviously the BEST benefit of my ileostomy is how much better I feel...but running a VERY close second is the fact that I have to have a colonoscopy tomorrow and I am not drinking disgusting, gut clearing shit.

Yay!

Seriously...sometimes when I think about the fact that my ostomy may not be reversible...I actually think, well...I'll never have to do a colonoscopy prep again. Then I laugh at myself. :tongue:

ErinDF said:
So...obviously the BEST benefit of my ileostomy is how much better I feel...but running a VERY close second is the fact that I have to have a colonoscopy tomorrow and I am not drinking disgusting, gut clearing shit.

Yay!

Seriously...sometimes when I think about the fact that my ostomy may not be reversible...I actually think, well...I'll never have to do a colonoscopy prep again. Then I laugh at myself. :tongue:
Do they just flush you out instead?

farm

Captain Insaneo
My friend said the best benefit for him was he could hunt all day and never have to leave the woods to poop.

I can do that too, but usually get poision ivy in unmentionalbe places.:eek2:

Mark....eeew. Super eeew.

Lurker?...I think its mostly clear all the time since you are diverted above the colon, but then they use water to flush out whatever is left over.

Mark33180 said:
entering an all you can eat contest and just put a bucket below your bag.... WIN EVERYTIME!!!!!!
LOLOL!!! :D

erin--theres no preps for ileoscopes either! thats where they go in thru your stoma. you just have to not eat for like 24 hrs or something, i dont remember how long it was exactly.

the preps are dangerous for ostomies becuase of the dehydration that would happen. more liquids would be pouring out than we'd be able to replace. thats how it was explainedx to me anyways i think...