• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Could Entyvio be not working for me?

I have been through all of the loading doses of Entyvio and am now on the 8-week schedule. Prior to starting Entyvio, I was without medication for about 2.5 months (waiting for its FDA approval). Since being off medication, instead of frequent trips to the bathroom, I am rarely going at all. I have to take Miralax each morning and it is still a struggle and what comes out isn't formed. In addition to that, I'm feeling "pressure" in my lower right quadrant of my abdomen which is where I had surgery 3 years ago. My concern is that I may be getting another stricture. I am not due for a colonoscopy until mid-next year and my doctor is holding to that timeframe. I asked if we could move it up because I really don't feel right. No luck. My question is, should I persist and ask my doctor again to move my colonoscopy up? Or should I just relax and follow the doctor's plan?

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I have another stricture and my 3rd surgery was just a year ago. But I don't understand why your doctor won't give you a colonoscopy?? Is it because of insurance? If you think you have a stricture you should insist.

That's what I was going to suggest... An MRI. If you have the start of a stricture, that test seems the safest. One thing I know about myself, Once I get worried about something, then it adds to the feelings I'm having. I think you should ask again. You are the one with the disease and you know your body. Making sure is a good thing for you. An MRI could be a starting point. Best wishes