• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

IBD Friendly Fajitas

I loooooooooooove Mexican food, but as I'm trying to eat as natural as possible, was pretty horrified when I read all the junk that it's in the packet mixes, so experimented with making my own. Yum, pretty damn good, even if I say so myself! The following will make enough for two people.
I make the wraps with almond flour a la SCD diet, and they are not as 'bendy' or rollable as the shop bought ones, but hey ho - they will do for me :ybiggrin:

Filling

butter or olive oil to fry
2 or 3 chicken breasts chopped into chunks
1 tsp chillie powder
1 green or red chillie finely chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 red bell pepper finely sliced
1 green pepper finely sliced

1. Marinade the chicken in the spices and garlic for a few hours/overnight ( makes the chicken really tender ) If you haven't time, fry the spices for a minute or two before adding the chicken
2. Fry chicken til golden brown all over
3. Add the bell pepper and chopped chillie and cook til the peppers are soft

Pancake/wrap

1 Cup of your flour of choice
2 large eggs
1 tbsp olive oil
milk or water to give a smooth dropping consistancy
dash of salt and pepper

1. butter or oil your pan and heat til quite hot
2. drop a ladleful of the batter in the pan and let it roll round to a thin round shape
3. when bubbles appear on the surface and underside is golden, flip over and cook for a couple of minutes

Salsa

1 tbsp olive oil or butter
1 onion finely chopped
4 large tomatoes finely chopped
1 green or red chillie finely chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper flakes
1 tsp oregano

1. Fry the onion and garlic til golden brown
2. Add the chillie and spices and cook for a minute or too longer
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until sauce has thickened

Guacamole ( sort of )

I took the flesh of one avocado and mashed it up with some lemon juice, salt and black pepper and mixed in half a dozen black olives sliced.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea. I have been sticking with Chi-Chi's tortilla shell (soft) wrapped around grilled boneless chicken that was marinated in Honey Mustard. The longer the marinade the better. Love it and easy on the ole' GI. Will have to try your suggestion.

Now that sounds yummy. My appetite has been dead that last couple of days. This may kick start it. I even have chicken handy. Thanks for posting.