• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Rectovaginal Fistulas!

Rectovaginal fistulas you say?
Never even heard of em' til I got one.
Have been dealing with the discharge since Spring 2013.
2 vaginal abscess while having a seton and while not having a seton.

Been feeling good the past 2 months. And am ready to get the seton taken out so the fistula can completely close.

Just need some one with seton removal experience and recto vaginal fistula closure and healing. Wow that's a mouth full!

Thanks for your reply!!
I dunno which is worse, perianal or rectovaginal fistula.... I have never had any pus or blood. Did you use pantiliners or anything? I did get a bartholin cyst preceding an abscess tho, and that of course had puss. What is the Gaps diet? How has it helped you? I have been gluten free for 6 yrs

You seem to have experienced the same thing as I did. Mine all started with a bartholin's gland cyst which developed into a fistula after surgery. I had the biolift procedure because it had the least risk of incontinence especially since my fistula was transphincteral.

Hi, I can across this again.
I had Martis flap surgery in winter 2013. It failed led to 3 abscess and setons.
Currently I do not have a seton but a lot of drainage and ski irritation. I am currently on 6mp which could help and budesonide.how are u? What's up with your fistul?